As you may know, Jessica Lisi has an exciting opportunity for employment in the Netherlands this summer. While she is very sad about leaving FOCUS (and we are sad to lose her, too!) we are excited to see her pursue the next steps in her professional career.
Therefore, we are looking for a Program Manager to join FOCUS Greater Syracuse, Inc.!
We are very interested in filling this position as quickly as possible. Please share this job description with your networks or apply by April 7, 2023.
Please send Resumes and Cover Letters to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Program Manager
START DATE: No later than May 1st
FOCUS’s mission is to build a sustainable community by enabling citizens to work together with government, organizations, and businesses to improve the quality of life and economic future of all the citizens. The Program Manager supports the organization by supporting the Board of Directors and Board-led programs, overseeing the organization’s communications, marketing, public relations, and website management; and by managing the FOCUS office.
This individual reports to the Executive Director.
- Support the activities and programs of FOCUS Greater Syracuse, Inc.
- Ensure that the organization’s public facing communications appropriately represent the organization’s mission and brand.
- Expand the public reach of the organization.
- Assist in the financial sustainability of the organization.
- Ensure productive and efficient office operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage FOCUS established programs including FOCUS Forums, Citizens Academy, and Wisdom Keeper, at the direction of the appropriate Board committees as they plan and execute these events. Support the promotion of these programs and events, event registration, record-keeping related to sponsorships and acknowledgement of sponsorships and gifts.
- Facilitate Board of Director meetings by sending meeting notifications and meeting materials, attending Board and Committee meetings, as requested, and overseeing the development of minutes or other follow-up activities as assigned.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all public facing print, electronic, audio and video materials, including social media and the FOCUS website.
- Identify and evaluate the potential of funding opportunities that are consistent with the mission of the organization. Support the Board in developing funding applications and meeting reporting requirements once funds are secured.
- Manage and cultivate FOCUS’s database of interested followers.
- Expand public reach of FOCUS through the cultivation and nurturing of personal networks as well as participation in local collaborative effort consistent with the organization’s mission.
- Manage the FOCUS office including ensuring office mail, email and phone communications are appropriately handled, and office equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Candidate must be skilled and comfortable working independently with minimum oversight and highly organized
- The ideal candidate has strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience with social media, and technical skills related to the use of office and communications tools
- Experience in community engagement is a plus
- Experience in event planning and organization is a plus
- Grant writing skills are a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Position pays $22 – $26 per hour, depending on skills and experience
- 60-day probation period
- After probation period the position accumulates vacation monthly up to 1 week the first year and 2 weeks thereafter
- Opportunity for occasional remote work
- Holidays are according to the City of Syracuse’s holiday plan