3rd Wednesday of each month
8:00 – 9:30 am
F.O.C.U.S. Greater Syracuse (7th Floor, City Hall Commons)
November 21st December 19th
January 16th February 20th
March 20th April 17th
May 15th June 19th
July 17th August 21st
September 18th October 16th
SMART GROWTH is development that positively serves a local economy, community and the environment. It achieves to create economic development and jobs, strong neighborhoods, healthy communities and alternate modes of transportation. Smart growth does not hinder growth, rather, it is sensible growth that marries economic development and environmental conservation.
Smart growth principles:
- Mix land uses
- Take advantage of compact building design
- Crate a range of housing opportunities and choices
- Create walkable neighborhoods
- Foster distinctive, attractive communities with a strong sense of place
- Preserve open space, farmland, natural beauty, and critical environmental areas
- Strengthen and direct development towards existing communities
- Provide a variety of transportation choices
- Make development decisions predictable, fair and cost effective
- Encourage community and stakeholder collaboration in development decisions (EPA 231-F-01-001A, April 2001, www.epa.com)
To join in the discussion, please contact the F.O.C.U.S. office at 448-8732 or email@example.com.
Thank you to National Grid for supporting the F.O.C.U.S. Smart Growth Citizens Strategic Action Plan Initiative.